The federal budget introduced a number of superannuation reform changes. Below we have outlined when these changes become valid and how they affect you. New lifetime cap for non-concessional superannuation contributions The government announced in the Federal Budget that it will introduce a $500,000 lifetime non-concessional contributions cap. The lifetime…Read more
The beginning of the 2016-17 income year will see companies with turnover less than $10 million taxed at a rate of 27.5%. This means around 870,000 companies will enjoy a decrease in their tax rate. The government will also continue to extend the turnover threshold, allowing more businesses to access…Read more
In attempt to avoid mortgage risk, financial analysts believe that Australia’s big banks are looking to tighten lending through heavier restrictions. Major lenders may soon be introducing different lending criteria and stricter servicing requirements as they look to reduce the amount of risk they carry on their mortgage books.Read more
- As the end of the financial year approaches, there are a number of key things to remember as a small business owner when getting your books and accounts in order. Here we have provided a checklist of items for your reference.
- The NSW Treasurer recently confirmed that transfer duty on the transfer of business assets will be abolished on 1 July 2016, along with transfer duty on the transfer of private company shares and mortgage duty. This creates opportunities for those who would like to restructure business assets.
- Are you thinking of purchasing property through your SMSF? There are rules and restrictions that are important to understand. Here is what you need to consider before you do.
- In March 2016, the parliament introduced a bill proposing new tax incentives for innovation aiming to encourage new investment in Australian early-stage innovation companies. The new legislation can be quite confusing, so to make it easier we have summarised the changes here.
- The end of the financial year is a common time for businesses to evaluate their year’s performance and take advantage of any tax-saving opportunities available. For your benefit, we have collated this list of core tax time tips to help your business get the most of out of tax time and reduce that tax bill!
- If you are a foreign investor who has bought Australian Property, please note that in December last year, changes were made to Australia’s foreign investment framework. These changes include:
- In attempt to avoid mortgage risk, financial analysts believe that Australia’s big banks are looking to tighten lending through heavier restrictions. Major lenders may soon be introducing different lending criteria and stricter servicing requirements as they look to reduce the amount of risk they carry on their mortgage books.
- Are you thinking of leaving an inheritance for your family? Here are some facts everyone should know about leaving something behind for their loved ones.
- Investors usually sit...